If you're like me, you get bored with the everyday cereal routine. And when we do eat cereal every morning we go through it like there's no tomorrow. So occasionally I try and whip up something different. A favorite at our house is whole wheat banana muffins. The boys call them Breakfast Cupcakes. They have a few twists in them that will make your morning routine do flips and the breakfast judges (ie, your kiddos) score you a perfect 10! Hope you enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 375.
2. Mix the following:
~1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
~1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (if you're not the whole wheat kinda person all propose works too)
~1 1/2 tsp baking powder
~1/4 tsp cinnamon
~1/4 tsp salt
3. In separate bowl combine the following:
~1 tsp vanilla
~3 large bananas
~3/4 brown sugar
~1/3 cup Greek yogurt
~3 tbs butter, melted & cooled
4. Fold banana mixture into flour until combined.
5. Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake 18 to 20 minutes.
6. Turn onto wire rack and allow to cool.